Engaging Kids In School Through Sports
Unfortunately, many schools are struggling to provide physical education equitably and effectively.
Fiscal pressures, resulting in teacher layoffs or reassignments and a lack of equipment and other resources, inhibit the offering of qualify physical education in many schools and districts.
PureGame STAR Program
The STAR (Stop, Think, Act, Reflect) model teaches children how to make better choices. It is a decision-making process designed for responsible and critical thinking.
The concept of stopping to create time to think about consequences is simple. We can and should be applying the skill of reflection to all aspects of our lives; reflection is how we can learn. PureGame appreciates that the STAR model sounds simple, but the actual execution is challenging. It takes practice, making mistakes, and perseverance to make reflection part of a kid’s decision-making process.
Teaching Character through S.O.C.C.E.R.
We use a modified form of soccer, and other adaptive sports-based activities to deliver our S.O.C.C.E.R. curriculum. Through these activities we create an experiential learning environment that helps with understanding, implementation, and provides immediate feedback for the children.
The S.O.C.C.E.R. curriculum teaches the core values of Self-Control, Optimism, Compassion, Cooperation, Encouragement, Respect, and Responsibility.
- Children reported feeling an increase in safety towards their peers after the PureGame program increasing the likelihood of a sense of school connectedness.
- Students attitudes towards personal safety increased by 30% after participating in the PureGame program allowing for an elevated capacity to engage in learning and attend school on a regular basis.
- After graduating from the PureGame program, students reported feeling more confident in being able to make more positive and ethical choices.
- PureGame participants reported an increase in their ability to stop and think about their actions as it relates to their goals with more regularity.
- PureGame student participants demonstrated an increase in their ability to look on the favorable side of conditions and results in a team related activity.
Apply For Subsidized Funding
Tell us a little about your school, your needs, and struggles. We will then find a funder to support a PureGame program at your school.
After you submit your application, an programs representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to start the PureGame programming.